Monday 23 December 2013

Looking back at 2013

Hey guys it is the 23th of December today and this might be the last post for this year so I thought it would be good opportunity to look back at 2013. So what kind of a year has 2013 been on this hobby blog, well overall there are two big things, the blog has grown into the community and miniature painting became a part of this blog.

We started this year with a WIP pic of my high elf spearman and last week I showed you the complete unit finelly finished so what has happened between those two post well read on to find out..

January & February 
January and February where skaven months, we started with a 1000 pts list and assembled most of it, at the end of the next month we had a group of spearrats finished.

March & April
In march we started our first miniature painting project, the Aspriring champion. I thought i could do nmm with easy but yeah... it kinda became a failure. Overall did it took me two months to come with a finished project, you can read all about that in the finished post.


May 
May was the month of the new high elf army book, I wrote two reviews on it and those post where quite popular for my standards those days. 

June
In June we started with project Korhil, I wanted to try out another way of painting gold armor and used korhil for it. The project was quite a success if you ask me, I made a tutorial on it and this guy would become the start of my miniature painting adventure. you can see a showcase here.


July
In this month we painted a total of two mini's death master snikch for my skaven army and a woodelf spellsinger as a display mini.



August
August was the month when I fell in love with the army painter products, I bought some of there paints and brushes and now I can't live without them. I have recently bought some more brushes and all of there inks which are really great for army painting. Also that month the blog existed for one year and we had  a celebration post.

September 
I painted a High elf sea guard on display base in September and in my opinion is that the still the best mini I painted till today, we also started on painting captain Sicarius but he is still in progress.


October
In October became this blog part of the feait 212 and BOLS blog networks which meant a explosion on the page views those days. we worked some more on Sicarius(I really loved how those red/pinkish robes turned out, see picture below) and finally made a showcase post for death master snikch. 


November
Well that hasn't been that long ago, we made good progress on Sicarius and the High elf spearman came back in painting action.


December 
More progress on Sicarius painted his display base and the spearman where after one year finally finished!

That is where we are now the end of the year is coming but before we have Christmas! This might be the last post for this year but yeah I have some kind of a idea for a whole day of painting on one of the last days of 2013 so that might be the spectacular ending of this year... not promising anything :P

Anyway we will start 2014 with our happy new year post, we have to keep the tradition alive!

Keep on happy painting! 
Korhain










No comments:

Post a Comment