Monday 16 December 2013

Finished High elf spearman


Hey guys, you might remember my first WIP post from November where I showed you some progress on these guys, well they are now finely finished! The banner turned out to be quite a pain, first of all the sculpt is nice but quite busy, there are a lot of things to see on the banner and if you would give them all a other color the whole thing would look like a rainbow. I decide to go for cool blue tones with some white that "jumps out" just like the overall color scheme in the army. If I had painted the phoenix on the banner red it wouldn't look good and it would be in conflict with the rest of the army. So I painted a blue phoenix, with the new book you could name it a frostheart phoenix but it still has flames. While I was thinking about this I kinda came to a theme for my high elf army jeez did that took so long? My army will represent the army of the holy blue flame and what you see on that banner is a holy blue phoenix born in that flame.

I Painted the banner separately from the banner bearer and gluing those two on each other might be harder than it looks, then banner is quite big so you have to hold the two piece good and long to each other and wait until all the glue has dried, it took me three times to get them finely on each other(drie maal is scheepsrecht as we say in dutch) Some more pictures and close ups;








Keep on happy painting!
Korhain

No comments:

Post a Comment