Friday 23 August 2013

Review Army painter brushes


Hey guys if you have seen last post you will know that I have bought some new brushes from the army painter. I always have wanted to try to make a review so I decide to make one about the brushes I have bought, we are talking about the Wargamer range; Character, Insane Detail and The Psycho.


I have bought mine in "De burght" in middelburg if you are dutch you might now which store I am talking about. The shop owner was so kind to let me try the brushes out before I bought them. The first thing that was new to me is the form of the brushes, they are triangle formed instead of round, to me this means that they lay better in my hands than round brushes they don't turn around't that quick which gives you more control.

In numbers
The Psycho: 4mm long with a little amount of hairs(very small).

Insane Detail: 5mm long with a little amount of hairs(very small).

Character: 9mm long with a medium amount of hairs(medium thickness)


In use
Using The Psycho and Insane Detail in combination gives you the opportunity to paint small detail things like gems or eyes. I haven't tried it out yet but I think that with a little patience you can even paint those "animated eyes" with different colors in one eye. The Insane Detail is also nice for highlighting skin tones on faces or hands and add scars or tattoos to the skin. The length of the Insane Detail makes him perfect for this job you can easily make thin right lines for highlights.
The Character is good for highlighting and shading clothing because of his long but sharp shape you will be able to make good right lines. This shape also helps you to blend you highlights from dark to light without much hassle.

I have also used the Character for shading and highlighting scale armor if you have read my tutorial for painting golden armor you might know that highlighting and shading these scale's individual creates a great effect and this brush will help you with that!

Conclusion
I have always painted with citadel brushes but after discovering the army painter brushes is that now history. For me the brushes lay good in my hands and they are useful for multiply things, they help me to paint more controlled and gives me new options for highlighting and shading. So yes if I have the change I would buy some more of these goodies!

Happy painting! Korhain

Did you like this review and was it helpful? let me know in the comments feedback and tips are always welcome!



No comments:

Post a Comment