Saturday 13 July 2013

Finshed death master snikch and summer vacation plans


Hey guys, Death master snikch is finished, well he needs still a base anyway. As you can see I painted the swords in an other way then I was talking about last post, The green blades just didn't look right with the whole mini so I went back to "normal metal". If you ever paint poison on weapens like his swords I will give you one tip: make your green(or whatever color you use) mix for the poison with some metal mixed in, this will create the effect that the poison is dropping from the blade and isn't just some green on stripes on the weapon. This is a little thing but It works really good!

I also used an other way for painting the rust on metal areas, instant of just brushing browns on it I build it up with metal/brow mixes and then give it a highlighting/drybrush at the end. About his base, it can take a while before I paint it(you will understand if you read further) but it could be in a week to, I don't know actually ;)

As you can see I wrote something about vacation plans in the post title, well with that I don't mean that I am going to sit in the sun on my lazy ass for six weeks :P. I have arranged that I can do summer work for seven weeks. The only disappointing from this is that I work from nine till six and I don't have a lot time for painting miniatures, yes I do more then that in my evenings :P. So this means that I will update less this summer then regular hope you understand! So if it is quiet for a while here I am not dead just taking my time for the next update.

But we got better news, for the summer I am going to paint some more mini's for my skaven army and after that I will start a new miniature painting project just be patient!

So I want to wish all readers of this post a  great and sunny summer time!
And as always, happy painting!

Korhain

No comments:

Post a Comment